Blisters are often caused by repeated friction to one area while your feet are confined in a shoe that doesn’t fit properly or has not been broken in all the way. While they do not always need medical attention, you can be inconvenienced by the pain and if they are punctured then infection can easily develop. Keep in mind that if the blister pops on its own there may be a white or yellow fluid which should be examined quickly.
Here are 3 simple ways you can avoid getting a blister:
- Break in those new designer shoes slowly around the house instead of your slippers, you never know who might stop by unexpectedly and they will certainly be impressed!
- Wash and dry your feet after the shower to prevent infections, this is bathing 101 but we all need a refresher from time to time!
- Apply petroleum jelly and a bandage over the blister before bed, Vaseline has been around for decades, it is very easy to find and may already be in your mother’s medicine cabinet.
Here are 5 sure, short and sweet ways to get blisters:
While blisters can appear anywhere, our feet seem to take the most hits. Surprisingly, they can be relieved with a few simple suggestions. If you neglect prevention, you may get lucky enough to avoid a blister but they also come with a little warning. Act immediately on the warning because it may be a very small window to nip it in the bud.
And now 5 ways to get rid of them:
- Let it breathe
- Clean it thoroughly
- Use antibacterial overnight with a band aid
- Soften it by soaking it
- Do not let anything stick to it
Blisters are not fatal but they can be annoying and slow you down considerably. While they do not always require a medical visit, they can certainly create problems if not treated correctly. If you need treatment for any foot condition or want to schedule an appointment with Dr. Andrew H. Cohen at Mid-Michigan Foot and Ankle Center, contact us at 989-790-8009. We have two convenient locations in Saginaw and Essexville, Michigan and look forward to seeing you!